PMMA produces efficient and well trained merchant marine officers who can favorably compare with marine officers of progressive maritime countries. If you are interested, check the details that follow.
PMMA Entrance Exam scheduleFiling of application:
- Personal – from January to 3rd week of September at PMMA Zambales only
- Mail – from January to August 31 only Exam
1. Male or female, physically fit, natural born Filipino citizen;
2. Single and never been married;
3. At least 16 but not more than 22 years old by June next year;
4. Height of at least 160 cm. (5 ft. 3 in.) weighs 55 kgs. (120 lbs.) stripped for male and 155 cm. (5 ft. 1 in.) weighs 50 kgs. (110 lbs.) stripped for female;
5. Free from being accused/convicted of any crime against the law and state;
6. At least a high school graduate qualified to enroll in a four-year course or graduating from high school on April next year;
7. At least earned average academic performance and preferably has taken Trigonometry in High School;
8. Applicants must have never been enrolled at PMMA.
Application RequirementsDownload and fill-up application form here (Adobe Reader required), and submit it with the following requirements:
- 3 copies of recent 2x2 colored pictures with name tag, front view; white background;
- Examination fee of three hundred fifty pesos (P350.00) in cash;
- Certified true copy of Birth Certificate issued by the Civil Registrar (Photocopy only); Note: Baptismal and Hospital Birth Certificates are not honored.
- Two pieces self-addressed long white mailing envelopes (with zip code) for mailed application with thirty pesos (P30.00) worth of mailing stamps per envelope (one piece only if application form is personally filed at the PMMA Admissions Office.
The ChairmanFor more information on PMMA Entrance Exam 2013, please visit PMMA website.
Committee on Admissions
Philippine Merchant Marine Academy
San Narciso, Zambales